Madonna's adoption hope still alive

Pop diva Madonna hasn't given up hope on adopting Malawian child Mercy James and says she wants to provide the four-year-old with the best of everything.

“I want to provide Mercy with a home, a loving family environment and the best education and healthcare possible," mirror.co.uk quoted her as saying.

“Though I've been advised that I cannot publicly discuss the pending appeal regarding my desire to adopt Mercy, I do want to say how much I appreciate the level of support I have received from the people of Malawi and my friends around the world," she added.

High court Judge Esimie Chombo had rejected Madonna's adoption plea as under the law prospective parents must be residents of Malawi for 18 to 24 months before adoption.

Malawi's government came under fire after Madonna adopted David Banda in 2006, with critics accusing it of giving her special treatment by skirting laws banning non-residents from adopting.

Madonna's lawyer
, Alan Chinula, lodged a notice of appeal against the decision earlier this month

0 comments:

 
Owner 2008 adsense-groups.blogspot.com . All rights reserved | Hot Photo Galleries is proudly powered by Blogger.com